Nicola Quinn's Health Blog
Health, Wealth and Happiness
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Lose Weight by Eating 30 Grams of Protein Within 30 Minutes of Waking
So says Tim Ferris in his book
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
. He says if you do only that you will lose weight easily. So with that in mind I have compiled a list of high protein foods to try it out.
High Protein Foods
1. Dry Roasted Soybeans - have a massive 39.6 grams of protein in 100 grams.
2. Lean Beef - 36 grams per 100 gram serving. A small fillet steak should do it.
3. Cheese - Although they vary, hard cheeses like parmesan have the highest protein and the softer the lowest, if you opt for a medium cheese you will get roughly 30 grams in a 100 gram portion.
4. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - 33 grams per 100 grams.
5. Chicken - 32.8 grams in 100 grams, that's about 27 grams in half an average breast.
6. Tuna - 30 grams for every 100 grams.
7. Salmon - 27 grams for the same amount.
8. Fish Roe - 28 grams per 100 grams. And though caviar, for some reason, only rates at 24, would be a nice excuse to indulge :)
9. Marmite - weighs in at 27 grams per 100 grams though you'd need to eat about 50 teaspoons of the stuff. Moving on...
10. Lobster - 26.4 per 100 grams.
11. Peanuts - 23.7 per 100 grams. And oddly lentils are 25.8 raw though only 9 when cooked. Hmm.
12. Almonds, Pistachios, Sunflower Seeds - All 21 grams per 100g.
13. Flax and Sesame Seeds - 18 grams per 100g.
14. Tofu - 17 grams per 100g.
15. Eggs - 13 grams per 100g. You'd need two eggs for that.
My goat milk yoghurt says an average serving of 150 grams gives 8.3 grams of protein so may try combining with some ground nuts and seeds to make that up.
Also going to investigate protein shakes and bars. Will report back on those later.
And if it all gets too much may try just cutting out
the 5 foods you should never eat to lose weight as explained in this brilliant video.
Let me know your thoughts, or results, in the comments.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
30 grams of protein
high protein foods
The 4 Hour Body
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)